STAY HOME STAY SAFE
The information below is updated periodically. For more up to date information, please visit https://www.healthvermont.gov/
COVID-19 Vaccine Walk-In Clinic for Veterans:
Friday, March 5th at Gate B Champlain Valley Fairgrounds
105 Pearl Street Essex Junction, VT.
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
– Clinic is first come, first serve
– Veterans MUST be 55 years old or older
– Veterans MUST be enrolled in VA Healthcare, if not, call 802-295-9363 ext. 4004 or ext. 5118 to enroll.
– Second doses MSUT be 28 days later at same location
– If you have received any other vaccine in the last two weeks or plan to in the next 6 weeks, you cannot receive Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine at this time.
– You cannot receive the vaccine if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 3 months
– At this time the COVID-19 vaccine is not recommended for anyone who has previously experienced an anaphylactic reaction to a vaccine.
– Masks and physical distancing required.
March 1st, 2021
New: Missisquoi Valley Rescue is hosting testing events in northern Franklin County the first two weeks of March. This is in response to the increase in COVID-19 cases seen across Franklin County.
The tests performed by MVR are free and there is no registration. Tests will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Hours for all locations and days are from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
|Monday 3/1||Swanton Missisquoi Valley Rescue, 120 First St., Swanton||4:00pm-9:00pm|
|Tuesday 3/2||Highgate Highgate Center United Methodist Church, 3723 VT-78, Highgate Center||4:00pm-9:00pm|
|Wednesday 3/3||Richford Richford Fire Department, 48 Main St., Richford||4:00pm-9:00pm|
|Thursday 3/4||Enosburg Falls Enosburg Opera House, Parking Lot, 123 Depot St., Enosburg Falls||4:00pm-9:00pm|
|Monday 3/8||Franklin Location to be determined – check VDH testing website for updates||4:00pm-9:00pm|
|Tuesday 3/9||Alburgh Alburgh Fire Department Bingo Hall, 60 Firehouse Rd., Alburgh||4:00pm-9:00pm|
Updated: NOTCH provides free COVID-19 testing on a rotating, weekly basis around Franklin county. Their days and times were recently updated. Registration is strongly recommended and can be done through the Vermont Dept of Health registration website. https://vermont.force.com/events/s/search-events
|Days of the week||Location||Hours|
|Monday||53 Main Street Richford, VT 05476||8:00 am-12:30 pm 1:00 pm-3:30 pm|
|Tuesday||Fairfax Health Center 1199 Main Street Fairfax, VT 05454||8:15am-12:30pm 1:00 pm-3:00 pm|
|Wednesday||Enosburg Health Center 382 Main Street Enosburg Falls, VT 05450||8:00 am-12:30 pm 1:00 pm-3:30 pm|
|Thursday||Swanton Health Center 26 Canada Street Swanton, VT 05488||8:15am-12:30pm 1:00 pm-3:30 pm|
Kinney Drugs is also offering free COVID testing at their St Albans location every Monday and Thursday. Register online at: https://kinneydrugs.as.me/StAlbansStore18
People are also encouraged to call their primary care provider to see if they are also offering COVID testing. Many primary care providers in Franklin county are offering COVID testing at their offices or submitting orders to NOTCH or NMC for testing.
February 22nd – The Vermont Department of Health is continuing to see rising COVID-19 activity in Franklin County; specifically, cases were still rising in Swanton, as well as Highgate and Bakersfield this week. We do not believe the situations in these three towns are linked.
In response to the rising cases in Franklin county and the need for more COVID testing options on the weekend, the Vermont Department of Health will be hosting a pop-up testing event this Saturday (2/27) from 9am to 3pm at the American Legion at 100 Parah Drive in St Albans. Registering ahead of time is recommended, but walk ins are also welcome. To register for the Saturday pop up, please visit: https://vermont.force.com/events/s/search-events
Testing & Vaccinations: The State has put together media packets for community partners to use and share.
- Here are several social media posts on COVID prevention, testing and vaccinations you can use: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NM-rH3iUumAxY-uaTTZ6fyDfJ7SAGgy6SUg5o5fURwM/edit
- Next, here is a comprehensive vaccine outreach toolkit, including sample blog posts and emails (check out the “How to Use This Toolkit” document first): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jlJO4jYQNLjqGddbKQYit3bBhfySXUhE
Here are some additional links:
- COVID-19 testing information page: https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/testing/where-get-tested
- This page includes testing locations across Franklin county, including Swanton, Enosburgh, Fairfax, Richford and St Albans.
- COVID-19 vaccination information page: https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/vaccine/getting-covid-19-vaccine
- The vaccination registration call center number is: 855-722-7878
- Yesterday (2/16) registration started for people 70 years of age and older!
- Vaccinations are being offered through the Health Department as well as Kinney Drug and Walgreens. Links to Health Department, Kinney Drug and Walgreen registration sites are included on the vaccination page linked above.
- The link also includes an estimated vaccination timeline for other groups (65+ age group; people with certain high-risk health conditions)
- Sign up for weekly COVID-19 email updates from the Health Department: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/sFxLaby/covid19
January 18, 2021 – VtSMDC has created two tools to help small businesses navigate 2021. The first of these is now live on our website and is a new Roadmap with flowcharts & action steps. The second is the financial literacy program you/I discussed in late fall…and we felt compelled to go forward with it-given how much we know this education is needed…for so many. Please see below. And, happy to catch up with you in the coming weeks on topics of mutual interest, including a bankruptcy webinar we are putting on with Vermont Law School and other things on the horizon. Thanks, Linda
- The 2021 COVID-19 Roadmap:
The 2021 COVID-19 Roadmap is broken into two: A Master Flow Chart to use as an on-going navigational tool for your business throughout the year and a Crucial Change Flow Chart if you need to immediately respond to a mandate from the government or your business experiences a COVID-19 incident.
Using a flow chart the business owner takes carefully designed steps that address their current situation:
- The Crucial Change Chart encompasses immediately mandated steps and best practices to decisions about the next operational steps.
- The Master Flow Chart begins with an assessment of the state of your business entering 2021 and then guides you through a series of exercises for creating the best plan possible to manage the coming year.
- Worksheets, checklists and spreadsheets are used to gather data and create informed next steps, including safety messaging for staff and customers and business financials.
*Note-we will be making a recorded “walk through” of this new Roadmap shortly and will share.
- And, coming within the next 2-3 weeks is our 7-part financial literacy series titled “Know Your Number$”. They will be short, recorded segments available “on demand” and accessed via our website. The content includes:
- An overview of key financial metrics (no matter what type of business)
- Where revenue comes from
- Expenses (what is costs you to generate revenue)
- P&L – where are you?
- Balance Sheet
- Basic Cash Flow management
- Internal controls–incl. tips for how to hire a bookkeeper
Visit our Travel to Vermont web page for continually updated information and guidance, including about quarantine requirements, testing, and to sign up with Sara Alert for symptom check reminders.
Visit the Agency of Commerce and Community Development’s website for “Work Safe” guidance, which is updated regularly.
Take Care of Your Emotional and Mental Health
If you or someone you know is in crisis or needs emotional support, help is available 24/7:
- Call your local mental health crisis line.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- Text VT to 741741 to talk with someone at the Crisis Text Line.
- For more information visit healthvermont.gov/suicide.
For more information: